Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Racking up the frequent flyer miles!

Wow, I am really bad at keeping up with the posts! Every time I log on, I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. I am very sorry. This month, I think I have good reason though...I have passing the time by traveling! I love to travel and I take advantage when Branden is gone, using the time to visit friends and family in far-off, fun places. This month, I visited my family in Texas for Easter, visited my sister-in-law-to-be in Seattle, went to Napa for work, hosted my sis, and went to Singapore to see Branden! What a great month. Singapore deserves it's own post, so I'll start here with Seattle.


Branden's "little" brother (he's 6'6"), Ryan, proposed to his long-time girlfriend, Ellen, right after the New Year. Pending Ryan's deployment schedule (he's a Marine), they are planning a December 27 wedding. Ellen is wonderful and recently moved to Seattle with her job at Kimberly-Clark. While Ryan is training on the East Coast, she is building her own career and hopes to transfer closer to Ryan sometime in the next year. While Ryan was away training for a few months and Branden was on deployment, we thought it would be fun to have a girl's weekend. So, my mother-in-law, Dede, myself, and Ellen's mom, Mary, met in Seattle for a fun weekend in early April. Ellen was the prefect hostess and showed us all the sights and sounds of Seattle! It was my first trip up there and, despite the cold, it is a beautiful city!

Dede and I enjoying the beautiful harbor views in Everett


Ellen and I braving the cold to get a view of the Seattle skyline


Pikes Place Market! What an awesome place...I wanted to buy something at every stand!




The very first Starbucks, located across the street from Pike's Place Market


A Seattle icon, the Space Needle (as seen on Grey's Anatomy)


Thanks for a great weekend, Ellen!

No comments: