Sunday, December 16, 2007

The happiest place on Earth

This is our first post! Kind of a random thing to write about, but it's the most exciting happening around here lately, so here goes it. So I decided that I was in the mood for Disneyland this Christmas season...they run great commercials all the time here and it's enough to get anyone wanting to go. So we asked our families (both joining us for the holidays!) if they wanted to go and both declined, so we decided to make a date of it and go by ourselves. Neither of us can remember exactly the last time we were there, but a lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same. For one, I now love all of the rides that used to bring me to tears. Space Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, the Matterhorn Bobsleds...they now invoke laughter instead of tears. The lines are just as long, but they now have fastpass, so you can be "assigned" a time to come back and skip to the head of the line...a great invention!

Sadly, when you go to Disneyland and you're over 36", things look a little smaller...I've attached a picture of Cinderella's castle so you can see what I mean. It's a small world looks, well, small, and the parade is more irritating than magical (try leaving the park during parade time...good luck!).

Overall though, we had a great day. Sunny skies, lots of laughs, and a mickey t-shirt for me. No matter how old you get, I'd say Disneyland is still the happiest place on Earth...

No comments: